ECOWAS Parliament was established by the ECOWAS Revised Treaty of 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. The Parliament is the Assembly of the peoples of the Community. A number of job vacancies exist at the ECOWAS Parliament for which applications are hereby invited.
Application is on-line, and application forms as well as guidelines for application are all available on the websites. click on the vacant position to see all details concerning it.
As part of this renewal process, ECOWAS is pre-occupied with the implementation of critical and strategic programmes and wishes to recruit qualified and capable individuals into the following professional and general positions.
- Department: Administration & Finance
- Directorate: Administration & Finance
- Grade: G5
- Annual Salary: $19,388 – $25,781
- Supervisor: Administration & Finance
- Reference: ECW-CDC/BSEC-G/2017
- Duration: Permanent
- Duty Post: Abuja, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Supervisor’s schedule: receive and welcome visitors; organize and manage appointments; keep the Supervisor’s timetable; make telephone calls; verify in-coming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond; manage the Director’s diary and schedule;
- Administrative management: organize meetings; receive, draft, type and make follow-up on administrative letters; meeting room bookings; provide supplies to the office;
- Management of mail: create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure archiving and filing of documents; manage documents (in-coming and out-going, filing of letters); ensure follow-up on documents submitted to the Director for signature;
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the superiors.
- Vocational Training/Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial work or Administration;
- At least 6 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent command of computer applications: MS-Office (Windows, Word, Excel, Internet);
- Document and database management skills;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- able to work under pressure in a multicultural environment;
- organized and high sense of responsibility and relations;
- Fluency (written and oral) in two of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. A working knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage
- The officer should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment
Duty Station: Liberia
Category: National Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme
Expected starting date: 02nd October 2017
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2017
The NCC is chaired by the Head of the ECOWAS National Office in the country. It is made up of Focal Points/Representatives of the various ministries, Civil Society Organizations
United Nations Agencies and local youth associations involved in the implementation of the Programme at the National level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Country Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Programme Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will work as a Driver/Messenger to transport personnel of the Programme and other functional partners.
– Ensure the delivery and retrieval of mails, documents, folders, or specific goods.
– Transport staff or visitors to town, or to other parts of the country or abroad.
– Ensure daily maintenance of the vehicle (washing, cleaning and checking of the levels of: fuel, oil, water and tyre pressure, and top them up to appropriate levels).
– Report any malfunctioning of the equipment and make repairs in authorized garages.
Qualifications and experiences required:
– A minimum of class 3 of secondary school education (3 years of secondary education)
– A minimum of class B driver’s license
– Minimum of 3 years working experience, good driving history. Very good knowledge of the highway code
– Knowledge in auto mechanics will be an asset
– Experience working with a regional or international organization would be considered an advantage.
– A mastery of oral and written English language is a must.
– Working knowledge of French is an asset.
Composition of Application:
– A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
– A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate;
– Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates;
– A criminal record of less than three months
Submission of Applications
– Applications should be submitted by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title:
Application for the Post of Driver/Messenger, Liberia on the subject line.
Conditions of Service
An initial 12 month contract will be offered with a total basic monthly living allowance of 247.5$ US or its equivalent in local currency.
A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP management and Administration Manual and handbook of Conditions of service shall apply.
The position is open to ONLY nationals of Liberia, an ECOWAS Member State, aged not more than 38 years by the date of recruitment.
This position is considered a non-family ECOWAS National Volunteer position.
ECOWAS is committed to promoting gender equality and equity. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
How To Apply
Application Deadline: 28th September, 2017 (Subject to change)
NB: Locally-recruited Post ; candidates to this position should be legally resident in the Member State where the duty post is located, at the time of application.
Tags ECOWAS Jobs
Crestsage Nigeria Limited commenced business in 2010 as an Information Technology and Consulting organization. Currently, …