Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now, and for the future.
Job Title: ICT Intern
Job Type: Intern
Specialization: Graduate / Freshers
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2017.
General Position Summary
- The ICT Intern will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the ICT Systems Administrator to support operations process of MC Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will undertake ICT systems administration duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well as Programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Interface with vendors on goods and service deliveries.
- Attend to minor computer/network connectivity issues.
- Register and update the Asset register regularly.
- Update the computer maintenance log book as needed.
- Make purchase inquiries and assist in procuring ICT equipment.
- Prepare Payment requests.
- Conduct self in a professional manner
- Assist in web application design and development
- Other duties as may be assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- A B.Sc or HND in Information and Communication Technology related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to setup and manage a computer network system
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic computer issues
- Ability to develop web applications using PHP and MySQL is an added advantage
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, and Word
- Fluency in English Language
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally, s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn. Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements. All applications must include the position title in the subject line, be not more than four pages.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.