DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Reports to Technical Director
- DevTech is seeking a Program Officer to provide technical support to the management of databases in areas such as consultant rosters; quarterly program performance management and reporting; program-related text and data files, folders, and TLP internal information management systems.
- The role requires operational leadership of planning and forecasting of activities under the strategic guidance of the Chief of Party and the Technical Director.
- The Program Officer will work closely with administration and technical staff in line with quarterly and annual review planning, and reporting cycles.
- The ideal candidate must be flexible, a self-starter, creative, willing and enthusiastic to support a complex operational and creative program.
Required Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate familiarity with refining and managing internal performance data to capture the real results against planned targets and milestones, and alignment with the results framework.
- Support the reporting of program outputs and outcomes, and liaise with the Learning Program and USAID technical teams to ensure that data are uploaded to a database on an ongoing basis;
- Maintain internal management systems, i.e. (Google Drive/Docs), for ease of accessibility and well organized;
- Support recruitment and on-boarding of local short-term consultants;
- Format documents and presentations according to proper DevTech and USAID branding and marking requirements;
- Schedule and ensure logistics for workshops and other events;
- Develop informational materials in a variety of formats and for diverse audiences, including, donors, development partners, and other external audiences;
- Experience in assisting technical teams to build working relationships with donors and partners in supporting results-based management, indicator development, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) planning; and
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in the Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business administration, Development Studies, International Development, Statistics, or any related fields.
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodologies both quantitative and qualitative.
- Good understanding of the practical complexities of implementing M&E in developing countries.
- Willingness to work or travel other conflicted or post-conflict states
- Strong people skills, considerable experience of collaborative work; positive attitude to working with non-M&E specialists and appreciation of the contribution others can make.
- Establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of monitoring support.
- Complete and multi-task by establishing priorities while taking into considerations special assignments, changing priorities, frequent interruptions, available resources and deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel to selected states, cities or areas as requested.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
- Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.