FOHEYDEF, a non-governmental organization seeks the services of experienced Special Assistant, Partnership and Advocacy who in the context of a corporate effort to strengthen the organization’s strategic partnerships with national and sub-regional organizations, under the overall guidance and supervision of the President of the Foundation. The post will provide the day-to-day liaison functions with media, government and non-governmental organization, religious and faith based organizations, industries, schools, colleges and research institutions, industrial and manufacturing agencies.
Job Title: Special Assistant, Partnership and Advocacy
Location: Akure, South West, Nigeria
Employer: Fortress of Hope Educational and Youth Development Foundation (FOHEYDEF)
Level: Graduate Position
Contract Type: Permanent (one year probation)
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Under the overall supervision of the President of the Foundation perform day-to-day liaison functions with relevant organization and government departments of the organization along strategic priorities set for the foundation.
- Under the overall supervision of the President of the Foundation, and in consultation with him, promote and activate new partnerships with other partners and leverage them strategically to achieve the main objectives of the foundation.
- Provide and promote inputs for key documents and reports on partnership with the organization, including advocacy of the foundation activities.
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be directed by the Management.
Minimum qualification & competencies:
- Masters or Advanced University degree in any of the following: Law, International Relations, Journalism and Marketing.
- 10-years of progressively responsible cognate experience in the development field in a global private or public sector.
- Experience must be at the national or international level, including exposure to complex multi-stakeholder partnerships and at least five years’ experience in policy and strategy development design and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic insight in international processes and the political dynamics around humanitarian aid and development, and preferably also around disaster risk reduction frameworks and climate change negotiations;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in lobby and advocacy with the Public and Private sector
- Excellent collaboration, networking, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Must be ready and available for regular travel to in focus states and at international meetings and conferences.
- Excellent command of English, both in speaking and writing; additional knowledge of French is a strong advantage.
Method of application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, letter of motivation two pages
summary stating your experience in lobby, advocacy and partnership skills, as well as copies of all
academic and professional certificates, birth certificate and two coloured passport photos to
email@example.com not later than 11th August 2017 by 6.00pm Nigerian time. Only shortlisted
candidates will be invited for interview. Candidates should be ready to live in Akure and resume work in