Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Exp.: 3-years
The Finance assistant will be based in Damaturu and will support the Finance Officer in managing cash flow and base account. He/she will also ensure compliance with purchasing procedures, respect of supply chain guidelines and payment mode. The Finance Assistant will also assist the Base Finance Officer in the management and administration of the cash transfer program. He/she will also be in charge of training vendors on Action Against Hunger financial procedures and payment policies and is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
The successful candidate will have;
- A Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- An understanding of professionalism and confidentiality.
- The ability to manage time and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Interested applicants should click on the application portal to send application.