The Global Development Institute offers an array of funding opportunities, including strategic use of our own resources.
The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for overseas applicants, providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programmes commencing in September 2017.
Eligibility for the scholarships is as follows:
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer for an eligible Masters programme (please see box below for relevant Masters programmes for each scholarship).
- Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
How to apply
- Applicants should email a 500-word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership.
- Please send statement to the relevant email address below by clicking on the scholarship name. Please ensure you include your ID number and name of scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications for September 2017 will be 26 May 2017, but earlier application is advisable.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within four weeks of the deadline.
- Development Economics and Public Policy scholarships (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- International Development scholarships (email@example.com)
- Human Resource Development scholarship (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Development Informatics scholarship (email@example.com)
- Management and Development scholarships (firstname.lastname@example.org)