The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa.[table id=16 /]
- The Finance Assistant (Global Funds) will assist in the Institute Global Funds payable and receivable functions such as Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, Bank Reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager, S/he will provide direct support to the Global Fund team and operations on the general management of all the Global Funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in the organization’s accounting software
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s)
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis
- Remittance of WHT on monthly basis
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants should be able to work with little or no supervision and under pressure;
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of personalities is necessary.
- Ability to clearly explain available C&S services.
- Community outreach and engagement talents.
- Clear understanding of the health system, PHC structure and HIV/AIDS.
- Supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening PHCs, local health structures and building local capacities for self-management
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues and superiors
- Should also be prepared for occasional traveling outside his base at Abuja
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multi-task.
- Innovative with sound mind.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the “Associate Director, Human Resources” through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates should indicate appropriate position and preferred location in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.