Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be primarily responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria. Under the direction of the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Program Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 3 year(s)
MIN QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree/HND
The successful candidate will have;
- A Degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- The ability to represent Action Against Hunger externally in relevant forums and working groups at state level.
- Proficient and demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Experience of mobile data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory fieldwork methodologies and report writing.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
- Excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Interested and qualified applicants should click on application portal to apply now.