The Nigerian Navy 2017 recruitment exercise has started according to a statement released by the defense outfit. The Nigerian Navy recruitment portal was made available to the public earlier today.
The statement further revealed that all interested candidates should start registering from, 1st July, 2017 as the exercise will end on 31st July, 2017.
Guidelines for the Nigerian Navy 2017 recruitment exercise
According to the Nigerian Navy, Below are the necessary guidelines for the exercise;
- West African School Certificate (WAEC)/Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE).
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- All applicants must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guilds (Foreign Students).
The statement also revealed that: Applicants are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
Any applicant possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA/BSc, etc. other than those stated in Paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false educational/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal and handover to Civil Police for prosecution.
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years at the time of entry into the Training School for school certificate holders, while 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE Holders, ICT Professionals, etc.
- Interested applicants must not be married
- Applicants with physical health challenges like shortsightedness, flat-foot, stammering or any disability at all are not allowed as they’d be automatically disqualified.
- Married/Mentally challenged candidates will be disqualified in due time.
Note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
For technical support call 08159999011 between 0900 and 1600 only.
Available on weekdays only between 0900 and 1600, not available on weekends and public holidays
To Apply: On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s Application ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary.