A Dynamic and Highly Reputable Company based in Lagos seeking to hire a competent, hardworking, committed and experienced candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Operational Risk Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2017
- The Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for assessing risks posed by operations within the organization. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for developing operational risk policies and standards as well as implementing strategic plans to prevent, eliminate arid mitigate operational risks.
- To implement the organization’s Operational Risk Management Framework, with a specific focus on risk analysis.
- Creating an operational risk register and top risk dashboard that allows Management visibility on the key risks in the company;
- Provide forward-looking risk input, trying to anticipate potential issues by assessing known or foreseeable risks and thereby enabling the business to take action to avoid or mitigate the impact of those issues
- Periodically provide Operational Risk training to assist in the embedding of the Risk Management Framework and to ensure a culture of operational risk awareness exists throughout the company
- Produce monthly reporting to Divisional Head on operational risk appetite metrics and adherence to operational risk policies.
- Act as the key point of contact in the investigation of all risk events to ensure control failures are identified and root causes addressed.
- Undertake risk assessments to support implementation of new products and initiatives, and to ensure that risks are identified, managed and mitigated as appropriate
- Responsible for the maintenance of the risk register
- Responsible for recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents;
- Assist in embedding a culture of operational risk management throughout the company by actively cultivating and maintaining stakeholder relationships, providing advice on operational risk management issues and demonstrating the benefits to be gained from such a culture
- Carry diagnostic analysis of all business processes on a periodic basis to ensure that all associated risks are identified and pro-actively mitigated while all risk events are resolved with recommendations
- Develop, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators
- Undertake risk and control reviews in appropriate areas of the business, either in a standalone capacity or working alongside Internal Audit and/or Compliance
- Pro-actively contribute to the process for evaluating and rectifying major incidents across the business, minuting incident committees where relevant, ensuring swift resolution of the incident, capturing root causes, lessons learnt and ensuring any actions for future risk mitigation are implemented.
- Contribute to the risk team’s maintenance of the company’s business continuity management framework and procedures.
- Carry out annual RCSA and contribute to the Risk Management Report to be presented at the Board Risk Committee and the Management Risk Committee meetings
- Conduct Risk Assessment to identify the main risk on critical business resources
- Assist in development and maintenance of the company’s Business Continuity Plan
- Maintain awareness of developments in risk and control assessment in the industry, and promote innovation to management on issues relevant to the company’s business profile
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Accounting or any related discipline
- 5-7 years work experience as an Operational Risk Analyst
- Experience with risk appetites, risk reporting capabilities, models and analytics
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis or modeling as well as knowledge of techniques and tools in operational risk management
Skills Necessary for Job Function:
- Data Management
- Problem solving
- Financial Analysis or Modelling
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Planning and organization
- Attention to detail
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org