McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.[table id=13 /]
Who You’ll Work With
- You will work on our Nigeria Infrastructure Programme and will be based in Lagos.
- Building on the success of the two earlier phases, the programme will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the delivery, management, and quality assurance of technical assistance related to the Government of Nigeria’s work to improve processes for prioritizing road investments and managing projects.
- You will guide specific areas of the programme based on expertise (e.g., roads, railways, transaction services, governance, investment).
- You will provide expertise in the design, preparation, implementation and management of roads and transport engineering projects in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of PPP Operational Frameworks and Outline Business Cases (OBCs) for roads projects.
- You will provide technical assistance to the concession process of the railway and lead development of work plans for rail rehabilitation and modernization projects.
- You will carry out detailed technical inspection and verification of works through planned and scheduled regular site visits, and review contractors payments claims and identification and resolution of resultant core issues.
- You will propose strategies for how each challenge should be addressed; highlight any significant residual risks and potential mitigation.
- You will ensure each project’s performance and monitoring framework is maintained and up-to-date through unscheduled site visits.
- You will prepare Operational Procedures for engineering design and construction activities, as well as design, manage, and deliver technical assistance projects related to those specific areas.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (or a Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience)
- Experience in roads/infrastructure related programmes in Nigeria, West Africa, or other developing countries
- Deep expertise/specialization in one of the following topics: implementing technical assistance programmes for investment decisions, governance, finance, and infrastructure
- Field experience in implementing construction projects and/or engineering training / capacity building programmes
- Clear understanding of tools and methods required for assessing investment needs and identifying bottlenecks to economic growth, quality assurance, planning, implementation, and M&E for large scale interventions
- Clear understanding of gender and vulnerable population issues related to power investment in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience undertaking high-risk projects considered environmentally and socially sensitive.