Western Union Company, a leader in global payment services, in 2015 celebrated its 20th anniversary in Africa. With over 34,000 locations and connections to millions of bank accounts and mobile wallets in more than 50 countries and territories across Africa, the Western Union network serves millions of senders and receivers with a choice of 120 currencies.
Job Title: Manager, AML Compliance
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Field: Banking / Financial Services
- Qualification: HND, Bachelor’s Degree, PGD / Master’s Degree
- Location: Lagos
- Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
- We’re seeking an AML Compliance Manager based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.
- This position will be responsible for supporting Western Union (WU), its affiliates, agents and sub-agents’ efforts in complying with anti-money laundering laws as they apply to Money Services Businesses in the region of Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- This position is based in Lagos reporting to the Western Union Head of Compliance for North, West and Central Africa who is based in Casablanca, Morocco.
Sound interesting? Here are Some Specifics
- Contributes to the development and the implementation of, and work towards the enforcement of policies, procedures and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering risk and fraud for WU and its agents, within the established strategies of the Compliance Department.
- Supports management of a sub-functional unit or distinct activity (Sub-region) within the AML Compliance Program Development group in the AML Compliance Department and has decision making ability for moderately complex issues.
- Provides assistance to the Department management in the development of overall goals and initiatives.
- Manages components for anti-money laundering requirements for assigned functions.
- Coordinates activities with other Department managers and management outside the Department as appropriate.
- Evaluate agents (Western Union service provision partners) anti-money laundering compliance programs through compliance reviews, training sessions and resulting follow-up.
- Pro-actively build a risk based approach for Western Union and its agents. Work as a channel for communication with regulatory bodies such as Central Banks and FIUs Under general supervision of Sr. Management.
- Provide training, job performance support and resource support to staff as appropriate.
What you will need to Succeed
Skills & Competencies Required:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- High language skills in English and French are required.
- Innovation, Autonomy, Relationship management and problem-solving skills
- Very strong presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt into a Multicultural and Multinational environment
- Open-minded and pragmatic.
- At least 7 years’ proven experience in a similar job, bank, Audit, Organization or Risk Management.
- A sound understanding of the compliance legislation and implications on business.
- Capacity to communicate, listen and express oneself.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.